I had previously mentioned verbally to some that I would be doing up a post on “Purchase your Japanese goods online and have them post it to me which then I would ship them to Singapore.”
The post will not be up fast because the following has to be done. (This post will be edited as time goes so you can return to this post to check the status)
1. Checking rates for different kind of items with different weight. [Done]
2. Checking price of a domestic (and international) shipping cost of a japanese mahjong set from a notable japanese mahjong merchandiser website. [E-mailed. Await reply]
3. Head down to post office and check out about the insurance cost and any other possible GST charge or Japan’s tax charge. Also to check how do I claim if I am in Singapore and not Japan. [Done]
4. Do a step by step guide on amazon.jp
5. Beta-testing. Purchasing 1 set by myself. I cannot test international shipping though.
6. Consolidation and confirmation
The steps won’t be completed fast as well because I am rather busy with school. 20 hours of school per week with 12-15 hours of revision/homework per day. This translates to catering around 7 hours on academic stuff every weekday. (Considering weekend to be completely free from work)
However, you can consider doing your shopping first based on the rates that can be checked here – http://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-charge/index.php?lang=_en
It is an estimation of how much more you have to pay after purchasing your goods. Please take note that the price shown is not inclusive of insurance cost and other hidden costs.
P.S I will not handle any possible queries you have for now. Please wait till the post is finalised and up. The details will be there.