Sorry for the late announcement because the confirmation of venue took longer than usual.
As usual, we will be holding our biannual individual tournament. Please let me know if you have any dietary restriction! There will be some improvement to the organisation of the tournament as compared to last year whereby we reached 9tables. There were many players who weren’t about to clarify the rules and scoring but this time, we will introduce more “referees” (experienced players who are eligible to advice) to guide everyone. Also, i’m running out of ideas for dinner, appreciate if anyone can suggest anything that’s not too costly. 🙂
Remember to do your best to get your best positions even if you are no longer be eligible for any prize during game 6. The overall ranking of this tournament may be used for future reference when we select players for WRC 2020.
- Venue: Nee Soon South C.C
- Time: 0900 to 2000
- Dinner is provided.
- No. of Han-chan: 6
- Registration Fee: $20 to be paid at reporting venue.
Registration Start: 14 July (Sunday), 12pm
- Registration Deadline: 19 July 2019 at 1159pm
- Rules: World Riichi Championship (WRC) with aka-dora. Please refer to the rulebook here: http://ooyamaneko.net/download/mahjong/World_Riichi_Championship_Rules_2015.pdf
Acrylic trophy for the champion.
Medals for 2nd and 3rd places.
Top 20% players (Round down) will get next tournament fee waiver or $20 voucher
Top 20% of loser bracket (Round down) will get $10 voucher.
These prizes must be claimed by the next tournament.
The first 4 games will be round robin. The 5th and 6th game will be by ranking. After the 4th game, players will be split between loser or winner bracket and all players’ score will be halved. Brackets are split in a ratio of 3:7 as close as possible. For example, there will be 1 table in the winner bracket in a 4 tables tournament, 2 tables in a 5~7 tables tournament.
|1730||Game 6 + Award Ceremony|
|1930||Dinner + Award Ceremony|
Every Han-chan will be given 75mins + current hand + next hand to complete. Once the bell rings at 75th minute, players are to finish their current hand and the next hand is considered the last hand to be played.
The base score will start at 25k instead of 30k. Coloured sticks are used when the player goes below the score of 0.
Expected Behaviour/Etiquette From Participating Players
- Vocalise your calls (chi/pon/kan/riichi/ron/tsumo) properly and timely (Hu/zimo is allowed)
- Going to toilet only during break time, not during the game (If so, 1min = 3 point penalty)
- No eating during the game but simple candies are fine
- Read the fouls and penalty section of the rulebook at page 27
- Remain quiet and undisruptive at all times unless during break time
- Try to shuffle by shoving against the sides of the tiles, and not by rubbing against the tops of the tiles
- Place sticks and pass them politely, not throw
- Display good sportsmanship and have respect for all players
- No trash-talking during the game (i.e My hand is so crap! Don’t worry, mine is cheap hand only. omgg I would have won if i wait on this instead of that! etc.) Do it during the breaks
- Commit to all 6 games
- Punctual for the reporting time, latecomers are to contact Feng at 9176 6611
Registration is based on 1st registered 1st serve.
- Registration Start: 14 July (Sunday), 12pm
- Registration Deadline: 19 July 2019 at 1159pm
The next league will begin this coming Saturday, 29 June 2019. This time, we will be using the Aka-Ari ruleset. The summary is given below. This league consists of 10 sessions.
Remember to include the Aka-Dora before commencing your games today!
(Claim a winning tile that gives a yaku to a yakuless hand)
(Last dealer get to choose to end han-chan upon topping the game)
|3 Aka Dora
(Discards of terminals/honours till exhaustive draw)
(Discard Foul Reach)
(Dealing into 2/3 players)
(Score of >48,000)
(Pao for Daisangen and Daisuushii ONLY)
7700 rounded up to 8000 and
11600 rounded up to 12000
(Winning on a discard in the very first un-interrupted set of turns, before the player has had his first turn)
(End of han-chan once a player has less than 0 points)
- There will be 3 Aka Dora (red dora) used for this ruleset.
- There will be no Kazoe Yakuman (counted yakuman). Any hand with 13 or more han is treated as a sanbaiman.
- There will be no Nagashi Mangan.
- There will be no mid-game draws.
- There will be no multiple ron. The player closer to the discarder will win the hand.
- There will be no multiple yakuman.
- All kan declared will open a new kan dora indicator immediately, regardless of the type of kan (kakan, daiminkan, ankan).
League Points (LP) system
For this league, total score accumulation with uma will be utilised. See below for details:
For every 100 points above 25000 at the end of the game, 0.1 LP will be awarded.
Likewise, for every 100 points below 25000 at the end of the game, 0.1 LP will be deducted.
Player A will get +10 LP for having 10000 points above 25000 and +30 LP for achieving first place, for a total of +40 LP.
Player B will get +5 LP for having 5000 points above 25000 and +20 LP for achieving second place, for a total of +25 LP.
Player C will get -6.5 LP for having 6500 points below 25000 and 0 LP for achieving third place, for a total of -6.5 LP.
Player D will get -8.5 LP for having 8500 points below 25000 and -50 LP for achieving fourth place, for a total of -58.5 LP.
Chombo Penalty: -30 LP , 4000 point payment to all other players, hand is redealt.
Missing sessions: No penalty
Attending the 9th and 10th session: +10 LP for the next league.
LP will be halved after the 8th session of the league.
The winner of the Main League will be awarded $40 vouchers which will be presented in the next tournament.
The main league consists of 10 sessions which will have two side leagues consisting of 5 sessions each. In each of the side league, the same LP system will be used, and the winner of each side league will be entitled to fee waivers for one session.
Bonuses from the previous league will not be added to the Side League. Also, LP from the Side League will not be halved after the 8th session.
However, penalties from chombo will still be deducted from the Side League.
Attendance Points (AP) system
The attendance points system for this league will be as such:
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Sit-out/ Spectator||Missing sessions|
All player’s attendance points will be reduced to 10% at the start of the WRC league. Newcomers, this is the best opportunity to get higher AP than the veterans to avoid sitting out for your first game!
This ruleset is the same ruleset used in WRC 2017.
This ruleset is the same as the previous league’s ruleset with the Aka Dora included.
That’s all for the Aka-ari league! Be sure to attend so that you do not miss out on all the fun!
Feel free to ask any questions regarding this league’s rules if you’re unsure.
Here’s a gentle reminder that there’s no session tomorrow due to an MCR tournament taking place at the playing venue.
Please register from Sunday, 23 June onwards if you’re attending the session on 29 June.