What is staying
- Ladder System.
- World Riichi Championship Rules – Those who wish to have a softcopy of the rule-book, please let me know and I will e-mail it to you.
- Priority Play – By the usual Table Points. Whoever has higher table points will get a higher priority to play.
What is coming
- Rating System – Everyone will start with R1500 and be ranked accordingly.
- Statistical performance – All the win rate, furikomi rate, riichi rate etc will be back.
- Riichi and MCR exchange learning session – Somewhere in April/May.
- SMCRM Annual Tournament 2015 – Held in May/June. WRC Rules. Other details to be finalised.
- Singapore VS Vietnam Online Tournament – Held in May/June. I would like to be transparent about this to avoid politics. This is by invitation only. Only some members will be selected and invited. Selection criteria is based on commitment level and reliability (i.e Punctual, follow rules, no fly kite, basically what most of the players are doing). Skill level is not important. Because most importantly, we (me and the organiser from Vietnam) wish to prioritize making this tournament a smooth one. Not very nice if some of our Singaporeans cause inconvenience to Vietnamese players right? Likewise on the Vietnam side, they are selected players and will try not to cause any inconvenience to us.
What is changing
- Ladder ranking system – It will be ranked by rating. Please do not get confused with priority play. Example: 9 registered players. 1 player is below R1500, but with 100 Table points. Other 8 players is above R1500 but with less than 100 Table points. This below R1500 player will get to play first but will be a table 2 player. The one with lowest table points regardless of rating will be sit out. This is to prevent newcomers from getting higher priority to play because their rating will start at R1500.
- Score Recording – Every hand will be recorded. There is also some changes to how we used to record in the past. The changes are to facilitate the organisers to input the data with ease into the SQL database (It’s very cool, I tell you) done by QL.
- Table points reset – All players’ table points will be reset to 0 for the year 2015.
Let’s look forward to a good 2015!