As per last session, the Riichi section has made so much noise, enough to garner a scream of “SHUT UP!” from the MCR section. This is not a one-time incident but more of frustration accumulated over time. If some of you have noticed, we are always repeatedly hushed by MCR section but our noise level remains unchanged. If we allow this problem to escalate, there will be increasing tension between MCR and Riichi players.
If the noise level continues to be as bad, we will have to resort to drastic measures to keep the noise level down by:
- Suspending SMCRM activities
- Limiting the maximum size to 3 table per session
- Partitioning between Riichi and MCR section
Some of you may not be aware what contributes to the noise level easily so I shall just list down the DO NOTs.
- talk at your usual volume. WHISPER ONLY AT ALL TIMES.
- talk at all while shuffling the tiles. You can never realise that you are loud when you do that.
- rant about how unlucky or lucky you are.
- prolong your excitement from your lucky for more than 5 seconds. Riichi. Kan. TSUMO! Rinshan Kaihou Ura 4! WOOTS!!! ok that’s it. Enough. Move on . To the poor dealer who has to pay double, move on. It happens. Just be “zen”.
- laugh. Giggle only.
- discuss about your game after your game ends. There are other players who are still playing. Practice self-control and be considerate.
Please take this seriously. I do think that we are the ones who are usually noisy and dramatic. There were times whereby I had to call out for the player/table three times before he/they could hear me.
For coming sessions onwards, I apologise in advance if I had to scream at you to the noise level down. I can no longer be too soft and simply nag about noise level.
Just practice to be “zen”.