The second league of 2017 will be utilising the WRC rules. The table below summarises the ruleset used for WRC. There will be a total of 14 sessions for this league.
(Claim a winning tile that gives a yaku to a yakuless hand)
(Last dealer get to choose to end han-chan upon topping the game)
|3 Aka Dora
(Discards of terminals/honours till exhaustive draw)
(Discard Foul Reach)
(Dealing into 2/3 players)
(Score of >48,000)
(Pao for Daisangen and Daisuushii ONLY)
7700 rounded up to 8000 and
11600 rounded up to 12000
(Winning on a discard in the very first un-interrupted set of turns, before the player has had his first turn)
(End of han-chan once a player has less than 0 points)
Differences in this league
- Aka dora (red dora) will not be used.
- There is no Kazoe Yakuman (counted yakuman). Any hand worth 13 Han or more is still counted as a sanbaiman.
- There is no Nagashi Mangan.
- There will be no mid-game draws. In the case of 4 kans being declared, a fifth kan is prohibited.
- There will be no multiple ron. For any cases of multiple ron, the player whose turn precedes the other player will claim the win (atamahane).
- Multiple yakuman will be treated as a single yakuman.
- Renhou is worth a mangan with no other bonuses, unless the hand value is larger than mangan and another yaku exists.
- kan dora is revealed immediately after the call.
League Points (LP) system
The league point system for this league will be as such:
Chombo Penalty: -3 LP , 4000 point payment to all other players, hand is redealt.
Missing sessions: -1 LP up to a maximum of 4 sessions (due to a longer league this time).
Attending the 13th and 14th session: +1 LP for the next league.
Attendance Points (AP) system
The attendance points system for this league will be as such:
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Sit-out/ Spectator||Missing sessions|
All player’s attendance points will be reduced to 10% at the start of the WRC league. Newcomers, this is the best opportunity to get higher AP than the veterans to avoid sitting out for your first game!
Other things to note
The league point system has been changed from what was announced on 31 December 2016 due to feedback and to reduce the point difference between second and third placing.
Unlike the first league’s rule, there will be no keishiki tenpai. In other words, if your hand is waiting for a fifth copy of a tile in which you already have four of, it will be treated as noten upon ryukyoku.
This is considered noten because you need a fifth copy of a tile which you already have four of, namely, the 7 man.
That’s all for the WRC league! Be sure to attend so that you do not miss out on all the fun!
Feel free to ask any questions regarding this league’s rules if you’re unsure.