Duration: 5 months
Start date: 18th February 2023
End date: 22nd July 2023
Number of session: minimum 20
Number of games in each session: at least 3 games (players need to sit through the whole session. No substitution allowed)
Day: Saturday mainly, with some occasional Thursdays
Time: to be announced when the session is posted, usually at night. No time limit.
Ruleset: WRC (https://sgriichimahjong.com/rules/)
(1) Participation is open to Sgriichi members only. No participation fee. Please sign up at https://sgriichimahjong.com/ to join the telegram SgRiichi Games group to participate in the polls to register for the league sessions.
(2) Participants can come for any number of sessions. Participants need not participate in every session.
(3) There is no minimum number of sessions required.
(4) Participants can only participate 3 consecutive session maximum. Thereafter, a session has to pass before participating again.
(5) Upcoming session detail will be posted every Tuesday, at 12.30pm. If the session will be done on a Thursday, it will be announced before Tuesday, 12.30pm
(6) Registration for the session will be first-come-first-serve, based on the order of names in the poll for the session. The organiser (YC) will be playing all the games, hence each session can host 3 participants.
(7) Withdrawal has to be at least 24h before the session (eg to withdraw from a saturday 6pm game, withdraw by friday 5.59pm). Please announce your withdrawal
(1) Ranking is based on BEST 8 CONSECUTIVE GAMES
(2) Top 3 participants will receive prizes (see below, section D)
(3) Minimum 9 players need to be on the ranking board for prizes to be awarded
(4) Organiser (YC only) will not be in the ranking, but he will be playing every session.
(5) Only players who achieved minimum 8 games will have their score and ranking posted. This ranking will be shown and updated every week when a new session date is announced.
(6) List of scores achieved by all participants in every game will be updated every week and posted together with the posting of upcoming game sessions.
Ruleset & Score Recording
(1) All scores will be recorded by YC
(2) Chonbo penalty follows WRC rule (-30 from end score to offending player, no mangan payment to all players)
(3) At the end of each game, scores will be tallied using RAW score (not akako score). It is the participants’ responsibility to account for their own score sticks.
- if the score in akako is the same as the actual score, the game will be sent normally.
- if the score in akako differs from the actual score, akako scoring will be scraped for the game, and the final score will be keyed instead.
At the end of the game when the score is sent, players can appeal their score within that night. It is taken that the score submitted is agreed upon when no appeal is made.
1st place: $120
2nd place: $80
3rd place: $50
(Prize will be pro-rated to 25% if the number of participants in ranking is 8 and below. So do still participate to reach your 8 games. :D)
(1) Players should come slightly earlier for the game, but not late.
(2) Talking should be kept minimum during game, and limited to essential communication (eg score declaration, correction of score of other player’s winning hand, reminder to keep honba sticks, aircon too cold etc).
(3) Phones use should be kept to minimum during game (eg check time = OK, messaging = NOT OK and etc, unless emergency)
(4) Other basic tournament etiquette applies (no throwing of sticks, no touching of opponent’s sticks [eg helping them take riichi stick back after their win] etc), except when passing leftover riichi sticks from previous rounds by oya only.
Refer to sgriichi website on etiquette, level 3: https://sgriichimahjong.com/etiquette/
(5) Feel free to drink water during the game, but food is NOT ALLOWED during the game (including sweets). There will be a break between games for washroom, late dinner, etc.
(6) It is optional for winner to announce yaku when winning, but compulsory to announce hand score (base score, followed by actual score, eg 400/700, 500/800). Hence it is advisable for players to know common scores (1-4 han, 20-60 fu).
(7) As the game is played on an auto table, only the oya should operate the table to signal the start of their hand, that is, pressing the button to shuffle the tiles, followed by rolling of dice (not the other way round). In addition, honba sticks should be used. The honba function by the table will NOT be used.
(1) Please bring up any issues with ruling/discrepancies/problems to YC, as YC is the only organiser and host for the entire league.
(2) The following penalty to situations will be enforced:
- Late: -1P for every minute late.
- withdrawal to participation in less than 24h, and before 2359, one day before game: -5p
•withdrawal during game day/no-show
•• with substitute player found/provided: -40p
•• without substitute player: -70p
•• repeat offense: disqualification
(Note1: penalty will be recorded in the first game of that game day. Hence it is possible for a game to have “5” players, and will be counted as a game in your best consecutive 8 games
Note2: Reasons can be provided for withdrawal and no penalty given, if the reason can be justified (hospitalisation, death etc)