Glad to announce that we will now cater to players who can only make it for 1 or 2 games or those who prefer to help fill the table for 3 sit-outs.
Players can now register for Game 1 only, Game 3 only, Game 1 & 2 only, Game 2 & 3, 3 Games only if there’s no sit-out (helping to fill table).
This can be done through an additional question added at the registration page. To continue to encourage players to join for full 3 games, players who register for less than 3 or 3 games w/o sit out are given the least priority to attend the session. Only if there is a reduction of sit-out, then the partial registration will be acknowledged.
Upon registration, you will receive an email informing you that we have noted your registration. By Saturday 12pm, you will receive a message via phone informing that your registration is acknowledged. Then, do give your confirmation that you will be attending. If there is no message, then treat it that the registration is not successful by default.
There is a benefit to partial registration for players, and that is that the session you attend is guaranteed to have no sit-out. This is an information that the fully registered players do not know. The rationale for not allowing players to know the attendance is to encourage players to be punctual. Latecomers usually risk sitting out on game 1. Therefore, a stricter rule on punctuality to make the system fairer as shown below.
|1||Late for more than 5 minutes. (Partially Registered players only)|
|2||Late for more than 10 minutes. (Caused sit outs)|
|3||Late for more than 20 minutes. (Caused sit outs)|
|2~3||Cancellation of registration after registration period|
|4||Cancellation of registration after registration period (Caused sit outs)|
|4||Failure to commit to all games (Caused sit outs)|
|5||Cancellation of registration after registration period (Caused cancellation of session)|
|5||Registered but did not turn up|
|5||Failure to commit to a game (Left in the middle of Han-Chan)|
This does not mean that players with partial registration are given the privilege to attend the session late by less than 5minutes. This 5 minute is meant to be used as a buffer to any 2-3 minutes discrepancy in our watches. That is to say, if you are late by, let’s say, 4 minutes according to your watch, but it is 5minutes according to organiser’s watch and get penalised for being late, it is NON-DISPUTABLE. This is not organisers being rigid on timing but the organisers are already being lenient to give a 5 minutes discrepancy of the difference in our sense of time.
Priority amongst Partially Registered players
Everyone will take turns for their partial registration to be accepted. So basically we will try not to accept the same person consecutively.
We would like to thank everyone that because of everyone’s good behaviour, we are able to maintain a healthy culture and playing environment, therefore able to explore more ways to cater to more players.
All variant rules have been standardised to follow WRC with the exception of only aka-dora. Please check Rules for details
League Points (LP) system
The league point system for this league will be as such:
Chombo Penalty: -30 LP , 4000 point payment to all other players, hand is redealt.
Missing sessions: No penalty
Attending the 9th and 10th session: +10 LP for the next league.
After 8th session, all players’ LP will be halved. There will be no fixed maximum LP gap implementation like last league.
Side league: Every 5 sessions, winner of side league can win 1 full session fee waiver.
Winner of the league: $40 voucher of your choice
Attendance Points (AP) system
The attendance points system for this league will be as such:
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Sit-out/ Spectator||Missing sessions|
Notable scoring rule changed
Please be reminded that there is now Kiriage Mangan, all the 4han 30fu hands are treated as Mangan.
Major Riichi Tournaments Updates
- World Mind Sport Games 2018 might have a Riichi tournament since they previously have given 20 slots to a Riichi tournament, SMZY Cup International Mahjong Open, held in Macau. Not sure how big it is going to be and whether or not there will be duplicate Riichi. It could still be a side event.
- World Riichi Championship 2020 is confirmed and the host country will be announced soon.
- With the exception of only aka-dora, ALL other variant rules will be standardised to follow WRC rules. Meaning, we will forever bid farewell to rules like nagashi mangan, mid-game draws and multiple ron unless WRC rules alter their rule-set. Even if World Mind Sport Games 2018 host Riichi tournament that has a very different riichi-variant rule, we will only vary the rules in 2019.
- Two Tournaments are planned – Aka-Ari during Summer and Aka-Nashi during Winter. Venues are not confirmed
- 2 Aka-Nashi league: 1 on total score accumulation, 1 on position
- 2 Aka-Ari league: 1 on first place emphasis, 1 on last place avoidance
- 10 Sessions each, 5 Sessions for each side-league [Edited]
A detailed post for the coming league will be announced soon.